Generate income from non-performing assets through portfolio sale assistance.
SCORE was the first in the industry to handle the sales of distressed consumer debt for Canada’s Schedule A banks. We’re also the broker-of-choice for some of the largest transactions in Canada. We’ve successfully sold more than $7 billion in distressed debt providing some of the following benefits for sellers:
- Generating immediate income from your non-revenue producing asset to free up core capital.
- Greater certainty on your return by transferring collections risk to another party.
- Potential to improve your over-all liquidation rates.
- Operational cost savings (administration, data management, audits/QA, inventory handling) so you can focus on core activities.
- Forms part of your overall collection and recovery process.
- Can be structured to share in your upside (back-end).
At SCORE, we believe there is a process that enables a profitable transaction with a suitable partner, ensuring ample protection from reputational risks. After determining the objectives behind a sale and the composition of the sale portfolio, we assist clients in many aspects of completing a sale.
- Performing portfolio valuations, business casing and assist with satisfying corporate governance.
- Performing due diligence on potential buyers and service providers.
- Vetting accounts and data for sale.
- Creating a sales package and presenting a portfolio that includes bid files, portfolio segmentations, solicitation letters, liquidation curves, Q&A, etc.
- Creating frameworks for various deal structures such as warehouse/bulk, forward flow, back-end, etc.
- Creating purchase agreements and perform negotiation to finalize the sale.